SPOT R100 - Multimode infrared thermometer for metal heat treatment applicationsProduct Enquiry
The NEW SPOT is an innovative stand-alone infrared pyrometer design with advanced integrated processing capabilities. The latest technologies utilized in SPOT make non-contact infrared temperature measurement accurate, flexible and easy to use.
The design team behind the SPOT thermometer are highly commended at the British Engineering Excellence awards....find out more
What makes the SPOT Thermometer unique ?
- The combination of Ethernet, Modbus TCP, Video and analog all from one device
- Confirmation of focus distance and spot size
- Multiple form factors enable easy replacement of other thermometers
- Uses two independent wavelength measurements
The R100 offers 5 differing operating modes
FIVE OPERATING MODES
The SPOT R100 offers different operating
modes selectable from the set-up menu
Ratio Short wavelength ratio design
Mono 1 Shorter wavelength, medium to high temperatures
Mono 2 Longer wavelength, low to medium temperatures
Multi Extended range - Ratio in the mid and high range with low temperature monochromatic with Emissivity correction
Duo Extended range - Mono 2 at low temperatures, Mono 1 at high temperatures, using a combination of the two at medium temperatures
This flexibility of design enables the SPOT R100 to adapt to multiple temperature measurement scenarios. Change your materials or process parameters and continue to use the same instrument.
Updating from an older sensor to SPOT form factor is flexible and easy.
VISIT OUR DEDICATED SPOT WEBSITE @ www.spotthermometer.com TO TRY THE NEW SPOT INFRARED THERMOMETER USING OUR ONLINE SIMULATOR.
Overview - SPOT
Combining Ethernet, Modbus TCP, Video, Analog and Alarm Outputs within one device, SPOT makes all these conveniently available to the operator. Pyrometer readings and configuration settings are available on the rear display and remotely via a web browser or through SPOTViewer software.
The SPOT infrared thermometer includes a visual camera (see image). This aids target alignment
Motorized focus - SPOT features both local and remote adjustment..
Flexible design with adapters provide simplified installation and easy replacement of older thermometers.
SPOT is designed to be interchangeable with existing fixed spot pyrometers.
Image: SPOT User Interface - Visual 'live' camera display of moving target
What is SPOT Viewer?
The LAND Spot Viewer is a PC-based utility that allows you to connect, configure, and view data from a Spot thermometer. It is a cost option.
The Spot Viewer Software communicates to the instrument using Modbus TCP/IP communications. To establish a connection, the Spot Viewer Software needs to be configured to use the IP address of the connected instrument
The IP address of the instrument that is used to establish a connection with the SPOT Viewer can be configured from the Status Bar.
The viewer software can be installed on a Windows-based PC. It runs on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8
SPOT VIEWER - A valuable option
LAND SPOTViewer software allows you to configure, display and log data from up to 254 different thermometer locations. To ensure security with multiple users, various levels of access are available. Data log frequency, file size, save and Archive locations are all configurable.
SPOTViewer is the perfect choice for smaller operations where advanced process control systems may be absent.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Single person installation at sensor location - local display and settings; no need for a second person in the control room Industry standard 4-20mA linear temperature output - in addition to other outputs
- Software - SPOTViewer provides remote graphical display and data logging of multiple SPOT pyrometers
- Password Access - prevents unauthorized tampering
- Durable Sapphire Protection Window - resists scratches, solvents and easily cleaned with a soft or rough cloth
- Modbus TCP - widely used and popular industrial protocol over Ethernet
- Single Sensor Solution - Ideal for use with customer PLC’s or DCS systems; no requirement for a separate processor. Easy to implement in small or large organizations