Cyclops 055L Meltmaster - Measuring Temperature in Liquid Metal ApplicationsProduct Enquiry
Temperature Measurement of Liquid Metal
Cyclops 055L Meltmaster
What is the Meltmaster mode?
The 'Meltmaster' measuring mode uses an advanced, noise rejection processing mode which locks onto the true liquid metal temperature. This mode allows the real liquid metal temperature to be measured, ignoring the high temperature sparks, low temperature water vapour, dust and smoke, that typically cause an error in the real liquid metal temperatures.
Accurate sighting is ensured by the clear, wide angle (9°) field of view and small, clearly defined (1/3°) measurement area.
Focusing is fixed at 5m / 16ft.
Emissivity compensation is provided via the icon-based menu system.
The operating waveband has been carefully chosen to minimise errors due to uncertainty in emissivity and the effects of atmospheric vapour components. Significantly reduces the use and cost of disposable ‘dip’ type thermocouples.
The Cyclops 055L features standard user-friendly Bluetooth® wireless communications or a USB connection for PCs or Mobile.
Key Features and Benefits
- Non-contact measurement technology - No contamination, interference or damage to process or material
- High accuracy measurement and repeatability - Confidence in the measurement for process control and quality control applications
- Unique 'Meltmaster' measurement mode - An advanced, noise rejection processing mode which locks onto the true Liquid metal temperature
- High Measurement Resolution - 5 digit display - measured temperature resolved to 0.1° C/F
- On-board data storage of up to 9999 measurement points, including date & time stamp, also 9 'Routes' of up to 99 readings per route - Convenient data storage
- 4 data output modes* - Single, Latch, Burst and Route -
- Bluetooth® or USB Connector for data download / upload - Two convenient methods available, no hanging cables with Bluetooth®
- New Route mode - allowing capture and storage of measurement data repeatedly at set locations around your plant. Four predefined routes (sets of location IDs and emissivities) Each route can contain up to 99 location IDs and emissivities) Note: Requires optional data logger software to activate this feature
- A new protection cover - increases the robustness of every model in the range
- A new lens protector - maintains the optics in good condition
- Long term drift-free measurement - Long term confidence in the measurement
- Single handed operation, contact free measurement - Excellent ergonomics, Better Safety in hazardous environments
- Rugged instrument casing - with industrial rubber casing to withstand harsh environments for extended periods
- Calibrated and traceable to National Standards - Your guarantee of measurement accuracy
- Four Measurement modes - Continuous, Peak, Valley and Meltmaster - Measurement to exactly meet your own specific requirements
- Innovative ‘notched’ spectral filter - Eliminates the effects of atmospheric water vapour
- Includes new Data Logger software for both PC and Mobile Devices including the unique Route Management utility
- UKAS calibration available
*Data Output Modes
- Single mode: logs a measurement for each trigger release
- Latch mode: logs continuous, average, peak and valley readings from the first trigger release until the second
- Burst mode: logs a stream of measurements whilst the trigger is held pressed - approximately 30 readings / sec, up to a maximum of 999 readings per burst.
- Route mode: This mode is ideal for users who need to take a number of readings on a regular tour of their plant or process. The pre-loaded locations help to guide the user along each route